A home inspection is a professional, unbiased assessment of a building’s condition. This inspection provides owners and buyers a professional report on the condition of the various systems within a house and of the physical structure in its entirety. If you are about to buy a home, then a home inspection will offer you the peace of mind you need before you make one of the most important purchases of your life.
For a thorough home inspection, we will need to inspect the property visually. This process normally takes 2 to 3 hours but may vary with the condition and size of the home. We encourage you to be present during time of the inspection as this will offer you an opportunity to ask questions and to familiarize yourself with the systems within the house.
Major Items Included In Our Home Inspections
We’ll inspect all accessible systems and structural elements of the home listed below as comprehensively as possible. Areas that are typically included in our inspections include:
- Gutters and downspouts
- Roofs, trims, flashings and vents
- Chimneys, skylights and other roof penetrations
- Eaves, fascia and soffit
- Stoops, railings, walkways, decks and porches
- Water penetration
- Foundation movement
- Crawlspace, foundation, and basement
- Drainage and grading
- Main water shut off valves
- Water heating system
- Cooling systems
- Heating systems
- Interior plumbing faucets and fixtures
- Meter box and electrical service line
- Drainage sump pumps
- Service amperage and main disconnect
- Grounding and bonding
- Breakers, fuses and other electrical panels
- AFCI’s and GFCI’s
- Ventilation and insulation
- Fireplace damper hearth and door
- Safety sensors, garage doors and openers (if any)
- Gas leak detection test (run on all exposed gas piping and gas outlets)
- Air flow tests (run on all heating and cooling system vents and ducts)
Once we are done with inspection, we then present you with a written report that details the condition of the home and its various components. We will also advise you concerning problems we have discovered and will detail them for you in the written report.
We’ll also tell you more about the available repair/maintenance options that could be done to improve the home and answer any question that you may have. As a professional home inspection services provider, we make sure that we offer all our clients a full home inspection report.
We provide Inspection services throughout the Pikes Peak Region including Fountain, Widefield, The Broadmoor, Manitou Springs, Divide, Woodland Park, Monument, Mountain Shadows, Peyton and Falcon, Colorado.
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO SCHEDULE A FREE PHONE CONSULTATION:
SOZO Inspection Services, Inc. is proud to be an InterNACHI Certified Professional Inspector